Why the Mini Transat?
To Transmit and Inspire: Selfassertion – Selfsufficiency – Solidarity – Solitude – Sustainability – Ocean awareness – Competition – Daring – Going beyond – Ability – Capability – Bravery – Reasonable – Humble – sharing – passion – beyond your horizon – Make up your mind – extraordinary – finding solutions for problems unsolved – pushing boundaries – never give up – never loose hope – achieving what others don’t even attempt – believe and trust – share the love – confront your demons – find peace – innovation – technology & psychology – Go Big.
Why run in the Proto class?
I am in it for the full offshore experience! I want to get a grip on what it takes to get a thorough-bred racehorse to run. I want to experience all the innovations that made shorthanded offshoreracing continuously exceed previous performances. Most innovations were developed in the classe mini 650 in France.
Why the 934 Lilienthal?
It is my favorite combination of skipper – naval architect who have conceived the boat together. Jörg Riechers has always had a good feeling for a sound and successful package of performing boats and Etienne Bertrand has always lived for the Mini Class with great passion and also success. He has always been innovative and embodies in my view the Mini Spirit like few others. He not only builds fast and well-thought boats, but also continuously makes attempts to keep the Minitransat accessible for everyone.
Lilienthal is the perfect example of a prototype: it is basically a platform for innovation. Lilienthal, in the most positive sense, is an unfinished business and invites to keep pushing and experimenting to tweak out a bit more performance here and there. I would also consider it a perfect boat to learn to understand what these Boats are about. It is still the perfect boat to start into an ambitious Mini-Career, with nothing but podium finishes in the Transat so far and a podium position still and easily within reach for ambitious sailors to date. With Jörg, we were smoking against one of the Top Boats in the circuit last fall.
I am in it to share Experience and Thoughts from: reading, living, parenthood, psychology – psychotherapy, counseling experiences, I’m not afraid to get philosophical.
I am in it to promote: Values – Change – Rescuing the world – Democracy – Decency – Europe – Liberté – Egalité – Fraternité…
I am in it to interact: I am always curious, I love people! So if you are interested in any way, contact me! Comment below or write an e-mail via: www.classemini.fr skippers: Frank Winter. It is such a cool opportunity to live as a human being on this planet. If any of the various aspects I am presenting here or hitherto catch your interest, let me know and I can highlight and expand on them!
I am in it for the fun: the joy of living, to create and shape the 2021 Classe Mini season. To become an animator of the scene.
I am in it to win: there will be a very steep learning curve to witness. Though I might not be able to win the main event… but I will try everything to do so! Me and those following my adventures will win an experience of a lifetime, inspiration etc… all of the above!
The schedule: … is tight!
I need – until End of August:
- Training-Weekends as many as possible
- 1500 nm in Qualification races such as the Plastimo Lorient (250nm) or the Fastnet Race (600nm), but also Barcelona etc. (go to classe mini website: www.classemini.fr and tell me which races you think I should do!)
- 1000 nm of solo and non-stop sailing on a round course.
Then it’s off to the Mini Transat 2021:
From September the Mini Transat will take us from Les Sables d’Olonne – to the Canaries and in a second jump from there to the Caribbean (4050nm).
Sponsoring – Contributing
Your Chance to come on Board, your chance to become part of the experience and make a profitable contribution:
I will value and appreciate every support you offer – talk to me how I can give back. Value on Money is very good in Offshore Sponsoring. You can reach audiences world-wide. Obviously in France. Germany will become more accessible than ever, with a record participation of at least five German skippers in the 2021 Edition. On top of that the Vendée Globe Participation of Boris Herrmann on Sea explorer – Yacht Club de Monaco will prove an opener for Media Attention in 2021.
How to participate:
- Follow, interact and give love – you become part of the Story!
- Lend a hand.
- Donate – I will present your support!
- Offer Naval Services and Equipment – Get mentions and Placement Online/On the Boat/On the docks.
Sponsoring: I can offer a full range of ways to support Mini, Midi, Full & Mega:
- Mini – promo-code: Try me! You can participate as little as you may:
- Sponsor of Transport/Travel
- Sponsor for one Race or food for one event or whatever.
I will tell the story, put up your sign, sticker the boat… whatever we agree on.
- Midi: You provide a substantial portion of the costs to do the 2021 season for Lilienthal and Skipper.
– I re-present your Purpose or Company on an equally substantial portion of the Boat / Sail area plus presentation in writing and video footage… and whatever we agree on.
- Full: You go all the way with the Boat and Skipper and provide me with all the funding to have the boat in its best possible condition and the Skipper in a carefree preparation. Maximum coverage for you and your purpose.
– You get full Sponsorship access
…. All the options are cheapest in the beginning of the season. Upper Categories possibly supersede packages in the lower ones, Packages in the same category can co-exist. First come first served. I will certainly respond to all incoming propositions on the Web-site to become part of the story (unless you prefer not to).
- Mega: You caught a liking to the idea, but my project is too small for your format? No problem, I can hook you up with my favorite combination of skipper-naval architect and you can see to a Bertrand Classe 40 perform or you go directly to the IMOCA level and in any way: with Jörg you have excellent performances guaranteed.